Saturday, March 28, 2009

Parente rejoins Meritus for Sepang

Parente rejoins Meritus for Sepang

Alvaro Parente is to rejoin the Meritus team for the forthcoming Sepang GP2 Asia races.

The Portuguese driver has been invited back after a one-off outing in the Qatar night event last month, where he set a fastest lap despite various dramas confining him to the midfield in both races.

"I am very pleased to have the opportunity to drive again for My Team Qi-Meritus.Mahara at its home race," said Parente.

"I last drove on the Malaysian track in 2005 in the first season of A1GP. I have a record to set straight though after a flat tyre ruined my strong race then."

He is confident that he can get Meritus amongst the front-runners at Sepang.

"This race I want to fight for the front of the grid and for the win," he said.

Parente has already signed for Ocean Racing Technology for this year's main GP2 Series, and was fastest on the second day of this week's Barcelona test.



  • MLB Network partners with Verizon
  • Never counted out, Rays take Game 2
  • Parente joins Meritus for Qatar
  • No comments: