Monday, October 13, 2008

Campos steps down from GP2 team

Campos steps down from GP2 team

Adrian Campos has decided to step down as team principal of the GP2 squad and sell his stake in the Spanish outfit.

The former grand prix driver, whose GP2 outfit won the teams' title this season, has sold his stake in the team to Alejandro Agag, who was already the majority stake holder and who now owns 100% of the team.

Campos will now focus on his F3 team and on another project he is yet to reveal details about.

"I think it's the right time to think about other projects that I have had in mind for a long time," said Campos.

"I will continue with the F3 team, that I have left aside a bit over these years, and I will start another project that excites me, one which I have a lot of hopes for the future and that I hope to make public very soon.

"I leave the team in the best hands because I have an assurance for continuity from Alejandro and I'm sure that he will do as well as I may have done during these years."

Spanish businessman Agag, who had been linked with a buyout of the Super Aguri F1 team earlier this year, had bought a majority stake in the GP2 squad in July last year.

"I only have words of gratitude for Adrian after he led us to the teams' title in record time, turning a team that was already one of the best in Spanish motorsport into the best organised and most competitive of the Formula One feeder series," said Agag.



  • Wheldon steps out of car, onto field
  • No comments: