Saturday, October 18, 2008

Rodriguez delighted by maiden pole

Rodriguez delighted by maiden pole

Roldan Rodriguez was delighted by scoring his first true GP2 pole position for the opening round of the GP2 Asia series at Shanghai today.

The 23-year-old Spaniard inherited the top spot for the reverse grid race at Silverstone during the main championship this summer, but scored topped a GP2 qualifying session for the first time earlier today.

"It couldn't have been better, this is one of the happiest days of my life," said Rodriguez.

"I'd been trying to get a pole for a long time but this sport is very difficult and a result like this depends on many different features. Today I had the car and the team, that's how I was able to do it.

"I will do my best not to let victory slip from my hands tomorrow. I'm in front and I will do everything I can to win."



  • Rodriguez wins as Kobayashi spins
  • Valsecchi takes first GP2 victory
  • Pantano grabs pole, Valsecchi shunts
  • CONCACAF Qualifying roundup
  • No comments: