Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Filippi rues pointless weekend

Filippi rues pointless weekend

Luca Filippi was disappointed after leaving the first GP2 round of the year at Barcelona this weekend with no points.

The Honda Formula One test driver qualified a frustrating 14th for the first race and made his way up to 11th place, where he started the second race. He made further progress but just as a points finish looked likely he retired with an engine failure.

"I'm really disappointed," he said. "The car felt really good and I was sure I could get some points today.

"I made a nice start and was able to overtake very easily. I don't want to say where I could have finished, but (Davide) Valsecchi was behind me and he ended up fifth.

"I was just about to go past Maldonado when a cylinder went and it was clear there was nothing more for me today. I guess my usual Barcelona luck has struck again."

The Italian is eager to make up the lost ground as quickly as possible next time out in Turkey, in what could be a make or break season in his career.

"Now we go to Istanbul: I took pole there last year and ART won the race, so I'm sure we will be able to fight back and get a great result there."



  • Kobayashi inherits sprint race win
  • No animosity between Piquet drivers
  • Parente romps to win on debut
  • No comments: