Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kobayashi stripped of Spa point

DAMS driver Kamui Kobayashi lost his point for sixth place in Sunday's GP2 sprint race at Spa-Francorchamps when race stewards gave him a 25-second penalty for cutting the Bus Stop chicane.

Kobayashi used the short-cut to grab sixth place from Davide Valsecchi of Durango on the final lap, but the penalty drops him to 14th place.

The move gives Valsecchi a point, despite the fact he spent the night in hospital after a heavy shunt in Saturday's event.

Kobayashi said: "I got back up to sixth place and I thought I scored a point until I was called to see the stewards. I accept their decision but overall I'm disappointed with my weekend."



  • Kobayashi inherits sprint race win
  • Quakes disappointed with RSL result
  • Grosjean accepts stewards’ penalty
  • No comments: